January 27, 2014

Pants!

Comfy London buses pants lined with jersey

Pants started me sewing for my kids. Autumn arrived and my summer baby needed pants that fit over his cloth-diapered bum. Pants made to do this were outrageously expensive, so I started sewing again.  Skills honed in middle school home ec class and help from the internet set me on my way.

Over those last 5+ years, I've made tons of pants and shorts for my boys. The elastic waist-band has encourages independence and has become a staple (the person who deisgned pants for 3 year-old with a snap & fly did not have kids).

I made these comfy London buses lined with jersey pants for day 1 of the Winter 2014 Kid's Clothes Week using Made By Rae's Parsley Pants pattern. This is a great pattern: the construction is easy, there's lots of detailing options, and it goes to size 10. 

Ready to sew pants, too?  Other pants patterns I like:






No comments:

Post a Comment